Thursday, October 11

WHAT ARE YOU AFRAID OF?

When I was little, I wasn't afraid of the dark, monsters, or even scary movies. I was afraid that I would let people down or not be who they wanted ME to be.            <-- Read that again. Who they wanted me to be?!? Fast forward to my twenties and you will see the same me. Afraid of what other people thought. I never lived my life. I wasn't authentic. I carried this burden with me for entirely too long. So what happened?

I learned to become a work in progress. I didn't stop caring people, but I certainly stopped caring about what they thought of me. I couldn't ever fulfill their image of me. (How did I know what that even looked like?)

A quote changed my perspective, my attitude, and my fear:
"The thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work on becoming yourself." - Anna Quindlen
 
 Start today. Be a work in progress. Embrace imperfection. Be you.


No comments:

Post a Comment