Thursday, July 22

THE WINDOW OF OPPORTUNITY

Have you ever had that moment in your life where you were able to envision the future, a new you? Chances are many of you have. Our thoughts are vivid about the path we are dreaming. The sounds so crystal clear, and the colors so bright, it almost seems like you are living it out right then. But what happens after that moment, that window of opportunity?


I have looked through my window of opportunity many times before. Each time I saw a better, brighter tomorrow. A brand new me. I spent time journaling, writing, meditating and goal-setting. But to no avail. The window of opportunity had missed. I thought to myself, "Am I closing the window?," or "Is this really what I want to do, go, see, or be?" And yet again it passed. How was I going to make the change? Here's how:

Actions Speak Louder Than Ideas
I was a thinker. A dreamer. I had not yet reached the do phase. For me, it was about taking action. Yes, I wanted lose weight, or yes, I wanted to start my own business. But I was not taking any action. I broke my goals into separate categories, each with a task assigned at reaching that goal. Thanks to Making Ideas Happen by Scott Belsky, I was able to work on action steps. And some of these grand thoughts needed delayed. They were not yet important to my cause.

Surround Yourself With Winners
People who have traveled down the same path as you are great mentors. A friend of mine, Aaron Spann, who was making a great living out of real estate investing said, "you don't have to make the same mistakes as winners, find a mentor who has been on that path." At that moment, I knew I didn't have that support group. With Social Media on a roaring path, I have been able to connect with so many industry leading experts.

Success Takes Time
You don't hear many success stories that happen overnight. Those you do hear are brief. I've heard it takes 10,000 hours to become a master at something. Professionals begin playing sports, singing, and acting in their early years. Writers work through the night while maintaining a day job just to complete that dream. Put in the time. The only sacrifice you make is what you give up. But what if you getting something in return?

What have been your Windows Of Opportunity? How can someone reach their dreams or their goals. Please share your comments here:

No comments:

Post a Comment