Monday, July 26

PRACTICE IN THE WORKPLACE

You've just accepted the job offer. Training starts next Monday for two grueling weeks of exhaustive company terminology, industry jargon, and technical know-how. When you are done, off to the "floor" management says. You are ready for the big leagues. And that, my friends, is the end for some companies.




Baseball has been something I have enjoyed since I was 5 years old. I even played a little in junior college and made two attempts at trying out for professional teams. (I had a better chance at being the mascot.) Today, I teach/coach youth baseball. It amazes me to think about how much different practice can make for your teams, especially in the business world.

Practice gives you the opportunity to develop your skills. To really improve in an area that you want to become better or even the best. But after the ole' new hire training or practice session, employees are left to sink or swim. Managers are so caught up in handling tasks that they lose sight at what will make their team better. Practice.

So how in this fast-paced, got have it now world we live in, do you make time to practice? Where does a leader even start?

For the next week, I will be posting several ways to practice in the workplace. If you have any ideas or suggestions, please comment below and I will include them in the post along with your information.

No comments:

Post a Comment